Episode 205: Rogue Glitter + Wonky Necklines


This week I share an FO, stash enhancements from Woolyn, and show off a new addition to my handmade wardrobe. Also ... Rhinebeck sweater-knitting has finally commenced!

KALS

Box O Sox KAL

Unicorn KAL! 🦄✨
Co-hosted with Magdalena from the Wolff und Schafe podcast
Knit/crochet any pattern of or relating to unicorns that you'd like! 

Victorian-a-longCo-hosted by Benjamin Krudwig from the Design Time Podcast
Knit, spin, crochet, or sew something inspired by Victorian Times!
Time frame: September 1 - October 31



FINISHED OBJECTS

Amethiste Shawl by Robin Ulrich
Yarn: Voolenvine Yarns, Wolke, "I Am No Bird"

WORKS IN PROGRESS

Recoleta by Joji Locatelli
Yarn: Voolenvine Yarns, Smitten DK, "Taiga"


Nilla The Unicorn Pattern by Rachel Borello Carroll
Yarn: Gynx Yarns, Worsted Merino, "Experimental Dyelot"
KnitPicks, Worsted Wool of the Andes


STASH ENHANCEMENTS

Very pleased with my little haul from Woolyn; a new LYS in Brooklyn.
  • Narwhal Needlework, Spinning Fiber, BFL Wool, "Earl Grey"
  • Molly Girl Yarn, Bouncer Fingering, "No Sleep 'Til Brookln"
  • Anzula, Vera, "Shitake"
SEWING

This week I'm wearing a new dress. The pattern is McCall's M6749. It's out of print, but I found mine on Amazon. I used black Swiss Dot and lined it with black gauze.

My bra-making kits have also arrived, and I'm excited to get started!
I purchased my bra-making kits from TailorMadeShop.com
The Marlborough bra pattern is from Orange-Lingerie.com

Sewing Patterns: 
Pink Party Dress - McCall's M7281
Red Petite Dress - McCall's M6834
Handkerchief Skirt Dress - McCall's M7315 (I'm using this pattern to re-create a Vivienne Westwood dress)

PODCASTS MENTIONED

Design Time with Benjamin Krudwig
Wolff und Schafe with Magdalena
Inside Number 23 with Katie
Brooklyn Knit Folk with Jaclyn
Stitched In Sweden with Maria

BLATHER

This week I watched Legend, with Tom Cruise and Mia Sarah. One word: Unicorns!

I'm also joining Brooklyn Knitfolk's #ELEMENTALONG KAL
which is based on the Sweep book series.