Monday, June 20, 2016

Episode 197: A Surprise Guest!


This week I'm joined by Laura, the dyer behind Gynx Yarns and the host of the Dyer's Notebook Podcast! We've been keeping her visit a secret because we wanted to surprise our friend, Maria (Subway Knits Podcast) for her baby shower. Not only was Maria completely surprised, we had the best time!

FINISHED OBJECTS

Of course Laura and I had to knit some baby gifts. I knit the Little Jacket by Florence Merlin, using MadTosh Merino Light in "Modern Fair Isle" and "Graphite".

Laura knit Anders by Sorren Kerr using her own Gynx Yarns in "Pumpkin Patch" and "Fog".

SPINNING

This weekend I also gave Laura a crash course in Turkish Spindling. We both spun on our 3D-Printed Glow-in-the-Dark TurtleMade Turkish Spindles.

WORKS IN PROGRESS

Laura is knitting socks using her limited edition, Gynx Yarns 5-Year anniversary, colorway "Confetti & Champage".

She's also knitting on her Le Moelleux shawl by Mina Philip using Voolenvine Yarns "Outlander" and Wollmeisse "We're Different".

I'm still plugging away on my Vestigial Socks using Into the Whirld's "Mildly Amusing" sock yarn.

MISC. 

That day, we also had a knit night planned at Brooklyn General Store ... one of my favorite Brooklyn local yarn shops!