Thursday, June 9, 2016

Episode 196: The One With the Most Frogs


ANNOUNCEMENTS

Please note: I will continue posting detailed show notes, but unfortunately I will no longer have time to add links to everything.

In Other News: I started vlogging! Every now and then I'll upload a quickie video called VoolenVLOG in conjunction to my weekly podcast. These may or may not be knitting/making related. They may be tutorials, or little excerpts from my everyday life. (Sans boring parts!)

200th Episode Giveaway!

To enter:
Answer one or all of the following questions in the Yarngasm Ravelry Group ...
What do you hope to see more of on the podcast?
What is your favorite Yarngasm moment?


Prizes:  

KALS

Box O' Sox KAL (Ravelry Thread)
Lace-a-long KAL (Ravelry Thread)


WORKS IN PROGRESS

Little Jacket by Florence Merlin 
MadTosh Merino Light
MC: Modern Fair Isle
CC: Graphite


Loden by Dimitrieva, for Brooklyn TweedTriangle Lace with Smocked Leaf Detail
Woolen Rabbit, Singles, "Chocolate Chambord"

Note:
I had been using this yarn to knit the Waiting For Rain Shawl. Unfortunately, I lost steam and decided to frog the project. 🐸

Speaking of frogging ... 

Vanilla Sock
Voolenvine Yarns, Gorey Details Yarn Club, Nouveau, "Figbash"Note: I may frog 🐸 this project. I like the yarn too much for it to be a pair of socks.

Crystal Bay Shawl by Rosemary (Romi) Hill
Voolenvine  Yarns, Wolke, "I Am No Bird"Note: I may frog 🐸 this project, too. It's a beautiful pattern, but I'm not really into it, right now.

SEWING

This week I made the Hollyburn Skirt, a pattern by Sewaholic. It's pretty much the same structure as the Lonsdale dress. It was super quick, easy, and gratifying to sew! Read more about it over on my sewing blog, Haus of Voolenvine.

#WhatsaSloper

#YarnGasmSEWAL1


MAIL

This week, I received a super wonderful package from Selma, from the Two-Tangled Skeins podcast.


PlumDeluxe sent along some of their delicious teas for me to sample.

Stacy from the Tome Time podcast, generously sent a pair of US 1(2.25mm), 9in (23cm) Chiaogoo circular needles as a prize donation for our Box O' Sox KAL!

ASK AWAY 

SproutPatterns.com is the site that pre-prints pattern pieces in your size, onto fabric.

SHOP UPDATE

This week I announced the Once Upon a Time Yarn Club! A three month yarn club featuring three new colorways inspired by my favorite fairy tale TV series.
 

Sign up for the the club Friday, June 10th 2016 @ 10AM EST. 
... Then come back @ 7pm EST for the regular shop update. 

I also revamped the site. Check out the new look!

PODCASTS MENTIONED

Yarn Geek
TV Knitting
Two Tangled Skeins
The Knitmore Girls