Episode 195: Makecation!


ANNOUNCEMENTS

In lieu of the 6-year "podiversary" of Yarngasm, I gifted the show (and myself) a new camera! Apologies in advance, if the quality is a little dodgy. I'm still getting used to it and working out the kinks! It's a Canon G7X, if you're curious. The actual podiversary falls on June 28th, 2016. Wheee!!!

Also, midway through recording, I managed to smudge some of my lipstick on my nose. Instead of re-recording the whole episode, I just went with it. Just know it's only lipstick. Not a flesh wound. ;) 
  • I'm going to be doing a 200th Episode Giveaway! Prizes will include:
    - Voolenvine Yarns, colorway of your choosing on Wolke base
    - Beyond Vanilla Socks by Mina Phillip
    To enter: Answer one or all of the following questions in the Yarngasm Ravelry Group ...
    What do you hope to see more of on the podcast?
    What is your favorite Yarngasm moment?

KALS

Lace-a-long KAL #YARNGASMLALKAL
May 1 - July 1


MAIL

Adelaid Cottage project bag!

With Pointed Sticks Cape Cod-inspired Minis!

FINISHED OBJECTS

HO - Vanilla Sock
Sesia Mistral Baby - 262 from Lella Bella 


WORKS IN PROGRESS

Vanilla Sock
Voolenvine Yarns, Gorey Details Yarn Club, Nouveau, "Figbash"

Crystal Bay Shawl by Rosemary (Romi) Hill
Voolenvine  Yarns, Wolke, "I Am No Bird"

Little Jacket by Florence MerlinMadTosh Merino Light
MC: Modern Fair Isle
CC: Graphite



SEWING


Vogue Vintage Pattern V8789

#WhatsaSloper w/ Gigi from the Knitmore Girls Podcast

YarnGasm Sew-a-long Season 1
#YARNGASMSEWAL1



PODCASTS MENTIONED

Inside Number 23
The Knitmore Girls
Subway Knits
TV Knitting
Adelaid Cottage


BLATHER

We FINALLY installed an A/C in our kitchen! This means I won't be dying in the kitchen when I dye yarn, this summer!