Thursday, March 10, 2016

Episode 186: Waiting For Yarn



ANNOUNCEMENTS

Voolenvine Yarns Trunk show at Do Ewe Knit? 
Saturday, March 19th 2016
217 Elmer Street
Westfield, NJ 07090 


Please Note: Due to Trunk Show prep, I will not be having another yarn update until Monday, March 21, 2017 @ 7pm EST. BUT ... I will be having a smallish update tomorrow, Friday March 11 @ 7pm EST.
 

KALS

Box O Sox KAL
#BoxOSoxKAL 
Duration: 1 year (Jan. 2016 - Jan. 2017)

Waiting For Rain KAL
Waiting For Rain Shawl by Sylvia Bo Bilvia
Duration: 2 month (March - May 2016)

Wildes Meer KAL
Duration: 1 month (March 1 - April 1 2016)
 
WIPS

Socks
Knit Picks Felici, "Tea Party"
Knit Picks Stroll, "White"


Doodler Shawl by Stephen West
Voolenvine Yarns, Wolke, "Enjoy the Silence"
Voolenvine Yarns, Wolke, "Venus Fly Trap"

Voolenvine Yarns, Wolke, "Succulents"

MAIL

This past week I received a super generous package from Jodi of Mrs. Brown's Bags and co-host of the Grocery Girls Podcast. She sent me one of her project bags and a bonus skein from Vivid Yarn Studio in their "Retro Daisy" colorway. She also included an additional bag to giveaway. Thank you, Jodi!!

SPINNING

My Bosworth Spindle arrived!!
Holly's Hock
I spun and 2-plied two Gourmet Stash Fibery Tribbles in her "Hedwig" colorway. 

I also needed to get a new driveband for my Lendrum. Excited to try my lace flyer, using Narwhal Needleworks braid that I purchased from VKL. 

STASH ENHANCEMENTS

This past weekend the New York Knit Knerds had our first meet-up! After hanging out and knitting for a few hours, we visited Gauge + Tension
  • Brooklyn Tweed, Loft, "Postcard"
  • Brooklyn Tweed, Quarry, "Slate"
  • Skeinny Dipping, Worsted, "Brown Butter" and "Tea Leaves" 

SHOP UPDATE

The first installment of the Gorey Details Yarn Club has been shipped!

This week, I will not be having a normal shop update, due to trunk show prep. However, I did find time to sew some project bags that I will list for sale tomorrow at 7pm EST.

BLATHER

New York Knit Knerds
Jane Eyre