Recipe: Crockpot Chicken Chipotlé Molé


It's been a while since I posted a recipe on here, so I thought I'd reboot this segment with a dish I improvised in my trusty crock-pot. Please bear in mind, this dish is quite spicy. If you want a little less kick, add only half the can of chipotlé sauce ... or simply omit that ingredient altogether.

Ingredients:
  • 4 Chicken breasts, frozen or unfrozen (may substitute with tofu, seitan, or temphe)
  • 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced/chopped
  • 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
  • White hominy, 15 oz can
  • Chicken stock, 15 oz can
  • La Morena chipotlé sauce, 7oz can
  • Molé paste, 1/2,  8.25 oz jar. (I used Doña Maria)
  • Corn starch, 2-3 Tbsp
  • White vinegar, generous splash

Directions: Add pepper, onion, hominy, and chicken to crock-pot.  Combine chicken stock, chipotlé sauce, molé paste, corn starch, and vinegar in a separate bowl – mix thoroughly. Pour sauce mixture into crockpot. Cover lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours.

Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!