It's been a while since I posted a recipe on here, so I thought I'd reboot this segment with a dish I improvised in my trusty crock-pot. Please bear in mind, this dish is quite spicy. If you want a little less kick, add only half the can of chipotlé sauce ... or simply omit that ingredient altogether.
- 4 Chicken breasts, frozen or unfrozen (may substitute with tofu, seitan, or temphe)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced/chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- White hominy, 15 oz can
- Chicken stock, 15 oz can
- La Morena chipotlé sauce, 7oz can
- Molé paste, 1/2, 8.25 oz jar. (I used Doña Maria)
- Corn starch, 2-3 Tbsp
- White vinegar, generous splash
Directions: Add pepper, onion, hominy, and chicken to crock-pot. Combine chicken stock, chipotlé sauce, molé paste, corn starch, and vinegar in a separate bowl – mix thoroughly. Pour sauce mixture into crockpot. Cover lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!