Thursday, July 30, 2015

Episode 158: 7-Year Stitch


Happy Birthday YarnGasm! 

Seven years ago I began blogging about knitting on this very website. From blog posts, to podcasting, then vidcasting, to dyeing yarn — I'm always amazed by how much YarnGasm has evolved ... and what it has become! What's more are all the wonderful, creative, and inspiring friends I've made along the way. Thank you so much for watching, and being a part of YarnGasm. This episode is dedicated to you. Here's to many more fun fiber-filled years!

ON THE NEEDLES

Verdure Shawl - Voolenvine Yarns / Blitzed - "Succulents"
Favorite Socks - Voolenvine Yarns / Wolke - "Faerie Hair"

SPINNING

I finished spinning and plying my Hobbledehoy Battling on my Golding spindle.
Next on the Golding is a yummy Gourmet Stash Fibery Tribble. Colorway is "Hedwig" but reminds me of Isabelle's (Fluffy Fibers Podcast) kitty

Summer Sock SPAKAL - I finished spinning the first two ounces of my Gourmet Stash "Broken Ornaments" braid.

ASK AWAY LINKS

Jenny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off is a great bind-off method for toe-up socks.

Some languishing WIPs I would love to finish are my Vivid Blanket and Dennis' Ranger Cardigan.  

 
SHOP UPDATE

Next Update: July 31st, 2015 @ 2pm EST

No Update Next Week! We'll be on vacation.

Did I miss something?  Ask me in the Ravelry thread :)