Episode 139: The Cat and the Llamacorn


UPDATES

YarnGasm now has it's own domain! You can now watch the podcast and get show notes by visiting http:///www.YarnGasmPodcast.com

ON THE NEEDLES
Canopy Shawl
Yarn: Wollmeise DK

  • Mama Ruffles Shawl: Cascade 220 Fingering, "Sage"
    • It's living in my new Octopus project bag from A Homespun House!
    • Originally, I was going to use the Sage colorway to cast on a Bonny tank, but decided the color didn't suit me. Instead, I will be casting on the tank using Madelinetosh Prairie in "Grenadine" colorway.
  • Canopy Shawl: Wollmeise, "A Little Crazy"
    • I made a few mistakes while video chatting with friends and had to rip back a few rows. 
    • I'm keeping it in my Naughty Kitty project bag from A Homespun House
  • Cozy Memories Blanket: This week I knit in 3 new squares using mini skeins from Kemper and Molly.
My new A Homespun House Project Bags!

SPINNING

  • D-SPAKAL: I must confess, I'm losing steam — probably because I decided to ply-on-the-fly and it's taking FOREVER to spin. Don't worry, I'm not giving up! I'm just going to take a wee break and take my time.
  • Hobbledehoy Battlings: I finished spinning and plying a tweedy blue battling on my Golding, and currently spinning a hunter green one.
TREAT YOUR SELF


  • Quaere Fibre: Tweed Fingering, "Fairy Dust"

  • I took advantage of free shipping over at LoveKnitting.com
    • Regia 4-fadig Color / 07306
    • Regia 4 fadig Tweed / 00090
  • I received my Favorite Things Swap from Kemper of the Junkyarn Podcast! Love everything she sent: A handmade "llamacorn" pin, a Hello Kitty Tin, tea, and six miniskeins! <3 li="" nbsp="">
Favorite Things Swap Package from Kemper!

SHOP UPDATE

Next Shop Update: March, Friday 13th 2015 @ 2pm EST 
 
Voolenvine Yarns

  • I give credit and thanks to Dani from the Little Bobbins podcast for inspiring me to start dyeing sock blanks. 
  • Big Shiny Dye Experiment: This week on the FO & Dye Podcast, me, Elly (FO & Dye), Laura (Gynx Yarns), and Ginny (Penguin Soup) showed off our versions of "Puff the Magic Dragon". I will be making my version available to purchase in the shop this week! 
 

BLATHER

This week I ramble on about how I'm not into thriller and mystery series/movies. Dennis and I had watched Robocop (the new version) and wasn't crazy about it.
Other shows mentioned:
  • Damages
  • The Blacklist
  • Once Upon A Time
  • Outlander