My energy levels may be running a little low this episode, but I have lots of knitting, spinning, and other things to share!
ON THE NEEDLES
- Two Land Highway RAGE Socks / Three Irish Girls - Adorn Sock, "Bryn"
- Toe-Up Fish Lips Kiss Heel Socks / Voolenvine Yarns - Stark Sock, "Octopus Garden"
- Canopy Shawl by Mandarine's / Wollmeise DK, "Ein Klein Wenig Verrucht"
|Pattern: Canopy Shawl by Mandarine's|
Yarn: Wollmeise DK
- I've been making sad progress on my D-SPAKAL spinning. Second guessing myself for deciding to ply-on-the-fly, as it's taking FOREVER to spin up. The good news is that once it's all done, I can just skein it, soak it, and knit it. You'll be happy to know, though, that after I finished recording, I put a rather big dent in it. YAY!
- I also spun another Fuzzling from Fondant Fibre. I plan to 2-ply it on my Aaron Makes Stuff drop spindle.
- Tallulah lives! After much hibernation, I gave my Lendrum some love and spun more of my Nunuco Fiber. I've really missed spinning on a wheel, you guys!
- Lynai Yarns was having a sale and nabbed one of her gorgeous hand-dyed skeins in the "Manic" colorway. I was a little surprised when I received the package, because it didn't look like the skein pictured on her site. But I quickly realized it was because she hadn't re-skeined it - which is completely fine! Still a gorgeous colorway and excited to knit a pair of socks with it.
- Molly (A Homespun House Podcast) is such the enabler! She's been talking up TUFT Woolens so much, I had to get my hands on some - and OMG, amazing smells y'all! Highly recommend. I got a bath bar in "Russian Flower" and a sock soap sampler set. YUM.
- Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery - Maria (Subway Knits Podcast) had returned from Stitches West with a sampler kit from these guys. I couldn't resist downloading a pattern of my own to stitch up. I went with one of their Valentine's Day minis.
- I've also created a Pinterest board for how I want to decorate my new craft room / home office. I'm determined to re-create Belloqc's tearoom.
- Thanks to Molly (my designated podcast whisperer) I've been enjoying a new-to-me podcast called Manadrine's, hosted my Melody - also the designer of the Canopy shawl pattern I'm knitting.
- For those of you who missed Lady Gaga's epic Oscar rendition of The Sound of Music, here it is: