Episode 137 - "Housewarming Things"

 
 
My energy levels may be running a little low this episode, but I have lots of knitting, spinning, and other things to share!

ON THE NEEDLES

  • Two Land Highway RAGE Socks / Three Irish Girls - Adorn Sock, "Bryn"
  • Toe-Up Fish Lips Kiss Heel Socks / Voolenvine Yarns - Stark Sock, "Octopus Garden"
  • Canopy Shawl by Mandarine's / Wollmeise DK, "Ein Klein Wenig Verrucht"
Pattern: Canopy Shawl by Mandarine's
Yarn: Wollmeise DK

SPINNING
  •  I've been making sad progress on my D-SPAKAL spinning. Second guessing myself for deciding to ply-on-the-fly, as it's taking FOREVER to spin up. The good news is that once it's all done, I can just skein it, soak it, and knit it. You'll be happy to know, though, that after I finished recording, I put a rather big dent in it. YAY!
  • I also spun another Fuzzling from Fondant Fibre. I plan to 2-ply it on my Aaron Makes Stuff drop spindle.
  • Tallulah lives! After much hibernation, I gave my Lendrum some love and spun more of my Nunuco Fiber. I've really missed spinning on a wheel, you guys!
TREAT YOURSELF
  • Lynai Yarns was having a sale and nabbed one of her gorgeous hand-dyed skeins in the "Manic" colorway. I was a little surprised when I received the package, because it didn't look like the skein pictured on her site. But I quickly realized it was because she hadn't re-skeined it - which is completely fine! Still a gorgeous colorway and excited to knit a pair of socks with it.

  • Molly (A Homespun House Podcast) is such the enabler! She's been talking up TUFT Woolens so much, I had to get my hands on some - and OMG, amazing smells y'all! Highly recommend. I got a bath bar in "Russian Flower" and a sock soap sampler set. YUM. 
CRAFT ADJACENT
JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH

via Paperchase.co.uk
This week I'm OBSESSED with Paperchase - particularly their "Secret Garden" collection. I may have gone a wee bit overboard, hoarding their stuff little by little, every time I take a trip to Staples. I want to just wallpaper my entire life in this print. It's gorgeous! 
via Ginalamorte.com
  • Thanks to Molly (my designated podcast whisperer) I've been enjoying a new-to-me podcast called Manadrine's, hosted my Melody - also the designer of the Canopy shawl pattern I'm knitting.
 BLATHER
  • For those of you who missed Lady Gaga's epic Oscar rendition of The Sound of Music, here it is: