Episode 136: I, Magic Looper


I hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day!

OFF THE NEEDLES

This week I have two (yes, TWO!) finished objects!

Whispering Pine Shawl
  • I finished knitting Dennis' Valentine's Day Socks JUST IN TIME! They're just a simple cuff-down vanilla sock with an eye-of-partridge heel. Yarn: Sweet Georgia / Tough Love Sock, "Magpie"
  • Whispering Pines Shawl by Molly Klatt
    Yarn: Voolenvine Yarns / Wolke, "Jilted Rose"
Dennis' Valentine's Day Socks

After I finished soaking both projects, I took a chance and put them in my electric spin-dryer, before blocking them.  The spin-drier wrings-out all the excess water, but the shawl and socks were still damp enough to block. Amazingly, they were blocked and dried with in about 2-hours!!!


ON THE NEEDLES


  • Cozy Memories Blanket - I only added one square this week, using the remaining yarn leftover from Dennis' Vday socks. It's been living in my LoveSockWool project bag.
  • Fish Lips Kiss Heel Socks - Voolenvine Yarns / Lush, "Octopus Garden" - Sadly, I will be frogging these, too. I'm knitting them with DPNs, which seems to be too fiddly for me, and messing with my gauge. I also knit the foot too long ... BUT! I do have the Fish Lips Kiss Heel technique down!

NEEDLE ADJACENT
  • Canopy Shawl by Mandarine / Woolmeisse

  • Two-Lane Highway RAGE Socks by Sarah Stevens / Two Irish Girls, Adorn Sock, "Bryn"
  • I also dare Dave of the FO & Dye podcast to cast on a pair of two-at-a-time socks!
TREAT YOURSELF
  • Hobbledehoy - Juniper Berry Battlings
  • Loop Bullseye Bump - Isn't It Just Lovely?
JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH
SHOP UPDATE

The next shop update will be Monday, February 23rd, 2015 @ 2pm EST. 

The second installment of the Vampire Romance Yarn Club will also be shipping out that week.

PODCASTS MENTIONED
  • 90% Knitting with Lisa
  • Round the Twist with Caren
  • Junkyarn with Kemper
  • Subway Knits Podcast with Maria
  • Dyer's Notebook with Laura
  • A Homespun House with Molly
  • FO & Dye with Elly and Dave
  • Little Bobbins Knits with Dani