- Vogue Knitting Live!: Saturday, January 17th (12-1pm) — I'm excited to be joining Maria of the Subway Knits Podcast, Marsha of One Geek to Craft Them All, and Chiagu for a podcaster meet-up! Click here for more info. I hope you'll swing by and say hello!
- Brooklyn Knit and Crochet Guild Panel: Sunday, January 25th (1:30pm-4pm) — I will once again be joining Maria, and Marsha, along with Sarah from Knit York City at the Brooklyn Public Library to discuss Yarn Crafting and Blogging. I will also have some of my yarn for sale!
|Vanilla Socks - Sleep Season's "Gauge" Colorway|
ON MY NEEDLES
- Endurance Shawl Test - Knit for Elly Voolenvine Yarns / Blitzed "Poe"
- Vanilla Socks - Sleep Season "Gauge"
- Vanilla Socks - Voolenvine Yarns / Lush "Everything is Awesome" — FINALLY nabbed this project back from my mom.
|Subterranean Woodworks Turkish Spindle|
- Also started noodling around with my Subterranean Woodworks Turkish spindle. Definitely getting the swing of it ... and loving it! Here is a pretty helpful YouTube tutorial of how to use one.
It's my birthday month! (Any excuse to enhance the stash, right?)
- Regia Stripemania Color 6-ply - Colorway: 6369 (lake)
Correction: This yarn is a German brand, but (as the description states) made in Italy.
- Schoppel Crazy Zauberball - 2170
- Knitter's Pride Karbonz US 1.5 dpns
- Sharon (aka StitchMistress on Ravelry), the host of the TV Knitting Podcast, has crossed over to video! I'm really looking forward to more episodes because her spinning is incredible and love being able to see all her gorgeous work.
- I enrolled in another Craftsy Class! This time, I'm taking Design It, Stitch It: Hand Embroidery with Jessica Marquez.
This comes after a friend commissioned me to re-create framed embroidery from a scene in the movie Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (skip to the 1:05 mark in the video, if you're curious).
Because I wasn't happy with my stitching, I started over and made a cross-stitch, using the iPhone/iPad app Cross Stitch Maker (iTunes).
- Once again, I'm introducing a new base. Stark Sock is my new strong sock base — 75% Superwash Merino / 25% Nylon ... because sometimes, you just want to knit a strong, sturdy sock :)
- I announced a new shop policy this week — I am no longer taking custom orders, however I will be taking orders for multiple skeins of a repeatable colorway, with a 4-skein minimum.
- FO & Dye's Big Shiny Dyeing Experiment Part 2 is underway! 5 indie-dyers. 1 theme. 5 totally different colorways. Visit this thread to vote on a theme!