Thursday, December 25, 2014

Episode 128: "Happy Holidays!"


 UPDATES:
  • Our crafty girl Kim (of the Craftstash podcast) landed her dream job and is moving to Denver! Yay! So me, Maria (Subway Knits Podcast), Dana (Dana Doodle Knits Blog), and Lisa (Roman Hills Yarn) all got together to wish her farewell. We drank wine, played Cards Against Humanity, and adopted some of her de-stash.
    Kim's Knitty Farewell Party
  • Quick Shop Housekeeping Notes: Shipments will resume 12/29/14 ... Next shop update will be 1/2/15
  • Ornamentalong KAL Winners! (visit the Ravelry thread to check out everyone's ornaments)
    • #72  - Shamekaknits - Sunshine Yarn Fun project bag + Yarn
    • #48  - Schnueffeltier - One Geek to Craft Them All / Stitch Markers
    •  #83 - RockabellaCrafts - Voolenvine Yarns OOAK Lush Skein / "Taj Mahal" / 
My finished Holly Jolly Christmas Socks!
OFF THE NEEDLES
ON THE NEEDLES
  • Even though I was knitting away on it, I didn't finish Dennis' Ranger Cardigan in time for Christmas. I'm currently knitting the raglan decreases. 
  • I cast on another pair of vanilla socks using Sleep Season's "Gauge" colorway, which I purchased at Gauge + Tension.
SPINNING
  • D-SPAKAL: Visit the Ravelry thread for guidelines and more! Until it kicks-off, choose your fiber, warm-up your spindles, and choose a pattern. I treated myself to a Loop Bullseye Batt and a Spanish Peacock drop spindle, which I should have to show you, next episode!
  • I also give a quick demo on how to ply-on-the-fly
STASH ENHANCEMENT

  • Here's what I adopted from Kim's De-Stash (Link to Kim's De-Stash on Etsy)
    • Three Irish Girls / Adorn Sock - "Bryn"
    • Julianna's Fiber / Self-striping - "Half-Asleep in Frog Pajamas"
    • Wollmeisse Twin - "We're Different"
    • Gourmet Stash Puni-Making Kit
  • Countess Ablaze Fiber / "An Obscure Family"
JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH
Holiday Nails!
SHOP UPDATE
Voolenvine Yarns
Colorways: Marrakech Spice (Coral) and Walk the Plank (Teal-Blue)

  • I have a new base! Wolke is a 4-ply fingering blend of 80/10/10 Superwash Merino, Cashmere, and Nylon.   
  • I also show off the yarn Laura dyed from my collaboration with Gynx Yarns!