- Our crafty girl Kim (of the Craftstash podcast) landed her dream job and is moving to Denver! Yay! So me, Maria (Subway Knits Podcast), Dana (Dana Doodle Knits Blog), and Lisa (Roman Hills Yarn) all got together to wish her farewell. We drank wine, played Cards Against Humanity, and adopted some of her de-stash.
Kim's Knitty Farewell Party
- Quick Shop Housekeeping Notes: Shipments will resume 12/29/14 ... Next shop update will be 1/2/15
- Ornamentalong KAL Winners! (visit the Ravelry thread to check out everyone's ornaments)
- #72 - Shamekaknits - Sunshine Yarn Fun project bag + Yarn
- #48 - Schnueffeltier - One Geek to Craft Them All / Stitch Markers
- #83 - RockabellaCrafts - Voolenvine Yarns OOAK Lush Skein / "Taj Mahal" /
|My finished Holly Jolly Christmas Socks!|
- I finished my Holly Jolly Christmas Socks! Voolenvine Yarns / Lush - "Holly Jolly"
- I'm wearing my Brandywine Shawl by Romi Hill / STR Lightweight - "True Blood"
- Even though I was knitting away on it, I didn't finish Dennis' Ranger Cardigan in time for Christmas. I'm currently knitting the raglan decreases.
- I cast on another pair of vanilla socks using Sleep Season's "Gauge" colorway, which I purchased at Gauge + Tension.
- D-SPAKAL: Visit the Ravelry thread for guidelines and more! Until it kicks-off, choose your fiber, warm-up your spindles, and choose a pattern. I treated myself to a Loop Bullseye Batt and a Spanish Peacock drop spindle, which I should have to show you, next episode!
- I also give a quick demo on how to ply-on-the-fly
- Here's what I adopted from Kim's De-Stash (Link to Kim's De-Stash on Etsy)
- Three Irish Girls / Adorn Sock - "Bryn"
- Julianna's Fiber / Self-striping - "Half-Asleep in Frog Pajamas"
- Wollmeisse Twin - "We're Different"
- Gourmet Stash Puni-Making Kit
- Countess Ablaze Fiber / "An Obscure Family"
- I've been downing mass quantities of Yogi Tea's Egyptian Licorice
- My holiday nails are really making me squee this week! I used Essie's "Jazzy Jubilant" and a Julep shade, which I'm pretty sure is "Lizanne".
Colorways: Marrakech Spice (Coral) and Walk the Plank (Teal-Blue)
- I have a new base! Wolke is a 4-ply fingering blend of 80/10/10 Superwash Merino, Cashmere, and Nylon.
- I also show off the yarn Laura dyed from my collaboration with Gynx Yarns!