Episode 127: "A History of Stitch Markers"
- Quickie Shop Update: Holiday colorways (Holly Jolly & Deck the Halls) will be going into hibernation beginning 12/21/14 until the next holiday season (Oct/Nov 2015). Also, in order to focus on creating new colorways, Outlander colorway will be taking a brief hiatus, during the month of Jan. 2015. It will return in February.
- Ornamentalong KAL - The ornament knitting is going strong! LOVE looking through all your submissions. FYI: The non-chatter Ravelry thread will be locked for prize drawings Dec. 19th / Winners announced on the next episode. Chatter thread will remain open.
- D-SPAKAL: January - April 2015 / Drop spin and ply a shawl’s worth of yarn (approx. 400 yards) and then knit into a shawl.
D-SPAKAL will last four months, from Jan 1 - April 30.
All singles MUST be spun using a drop spindle. It may be any kind of
drop spindle (i.e., top whorl, bottom whorl, phang, Turkish, etc.) No
You must spin/ply a shawl’s worth of yarn — Approximately 375 yards.
While I encourage you to ply on your singles on your drop spindle, you may ply on a wheel.
You may choose any shawl/scarf/cowl pattern.
- Have fun!!!!
Check out the Ravelry chatter thread for more info and pattern suggestions!
- All singles MUST be spun using a drop spindle. It may be any kind of drop spindle (i.e., top whorl, bottom whorl, phang, Turkish, etc.) No wheels allowed.
- Molly of A Homespun House has designed a new pattern called Foraging Mittens! She knit the sample using Voolenvine Yarns!
ON THE NEEDLES
- I FINALLY joined the sleeves to the body of Dennis' Ranger cardigan! I may just finish it in time for Christmas!
- Still knitting away on the second Holly Jolly sock.
- Still spinning my way through Gourmet Stash Luxury Tribbles in "Hedwig" on my Aaron Makes Stuff drop spindle
- Warming up my Golding spindle for the D-SPAKAL, using some bonus Gourmet Stash fiber.
Treated myself to some more Jill Draper Makes Stuff yarn. I purchased two skeins of her Empire Minis in "Loam" and "Lavender", which is 100% Rambouillet — so squishy and spongy!
JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH
Purl Bumps designer, Judy Marples (aka SpinnyKnitter on Ravelry) shared a link to the Outlander Yule Log. I have it playing in the background while I work.
I know I said there would be an update this Friday, but this week seems to be getting the better of me. The next shop update will be Monday, December 22nd, 1pm EST. Apologies for the delay!