Episode 126: Grizzly, Manly, Woodsy
- The Ornamental KAL is still going strong! Really enjoying all the projects everyone is posting in the Ravelry thread. Keep'em coming! Thread will be closed 12/19 for prize drawings from Sunshine Yarn Fun and One Geek to Craft them All. I will also be giving away a skein of my hand-dyed yarn. #OrnamentalKAL
- As part of the Knitmore Girls' 25 Days of Enabling, now through 12/31 enjoy 5% off any Voolenvine Yarns item! Use coupon code: 25DaysOfEnabling out checkout. Search their Instagram tag #25DaysOfEnabling for more holiday deals!
- D-SPAKAL: Come 1/1/15, I will be hosting a D-SPAKAL (aka Drop Spindle / Shawl Knit-along) - We'll be drop-spindling enough fiber (approx. 400 yards) to knit a shawl/scarf. In the meantime, warm up your drop spindles, choose your fiber, and pick yer
poisonproject. More on this soon!
Also, check out this blog post from Sweet Georgia about calculating fiber quantities for spinning — interesting and helpful!
|Blue Birds of Happiness Ornaments|
Yarn: My handspun Spun Right Round fiber
OFF THE NEEDLES
- Blue Bird of Happiness - Two more ornaments knit out of my Spun Right Round handspun!
ON THE NEEDLES
- I put a large dent in the Endurance Shawl I'm test-knitting for Elly of FO & Dye. Yarn is Voolenvine Yarns - Blitzed Fingering / Poe
- One sleeve of Dennis' Ranger Cardigan is actually finished! One more sleeve to go! REALLY hoping to have it all finished in time for Christmas. #PipeDreams
- About half-way finished on my second Christmas sock using my hand-dyed Lush yarn in "Holly Jolly"
- The Dancing Geek
- Fibernymph's 90% Knitting
- The Fat Squirrel Speaks
- Tiny Bobbins
- The Dyer's Notebook
- Stockinette Zombies
- The Knit Girllls
- Susan B. Anderson
- A Homespun House
|Yarn: Jill Draper Makes Stuff / Esopus Sock "Drinking In the Saddle"|
Purchased at Gauge + Tension
- Last weekend I stopped by Gauge + Tension and nabbed a skein from of Jill Draper Makes Stuff - Esopus / Drunk In the Saddle
- Also for Black Friday, I treated myself to a pack of Gourmet Stash's Harry Potter-inspired Luxury Tribbles in "Hedwig" ... not to be confused with the Broadway musical, "Hedwig and the Angry Inch"
|Gourmet Stash Luxury Tribbles in "Hedwig" / Drop Spindle by Aaron Makes Stuff|
Many of you have been asking me for tips on starting your own podcast. I briefly discuss this in the episode but at some point, I will write a separate blog post about it.
The next shop update will be Friday, December 12th, 2014 / 1pm EST.
I also posted a poll in the Voolenvine Yarns Ravelry thread: What's your favorite Voolenvine Yarns yarn base? I'd love to know! Leave a comment in the thread to enter to score 10% off your next purchase in my shop :)
If you haven't signed up for the Vampire Romance Club, do eeet! Space is limited. You have until January 1st 2015.