Friday, November 7, 2014

Episode 121: Ridiculous Kitsch


UPDATES

- I will be having another trunk show at Gauge + Tension Sat. 11/15 and Sun. 11/16 ... this time selling fiber. Hang out and spin a while!

- The wait is over! I finally got around to publishing my go-to pattern for socks. Download a FREE pdf of "My Favorite Sock" here.

OFF THE NEEDLES


- Speaking of socks, I finished knitting my Outlander colorway socks!

ON THE NEEDLES

- I've been knitting away on Dennis' Ranger Cardigan by Jared Flood. Still on the first sleeve and it feels like it's taking FOREVER. I'm blaming the circular needles I'm using - Clover 24" bamboo. The cable is too short and the wood is too sticky.

- Elly of the FO & Dye podcast designed a pattern called the Endurance shawl. I'm test knitting it for her using my hand-dyed yarn in "Poe" on Blitzed fingering.

- I've been knitting Hexipuffs on and off ... and I'm also determined to finally splurge on some acrylic yarn to crochet (yes, you read that right) that EPIC Granny Square Blanket I've been dreaming about. Here is the pattern I'm going to use

SPINNING

Still spinning away on my Quaere Fiber, which is 100% Superwash Merino in "Concrete Jungle". I have about one more ounce to spin. I think I will just leave it as a single-ply and knit a pair of socks with it.


SHOP UPDATE

Holiday colors are here! Just in time to start all your holiday knitting. More colorways to come in the following week.


• I've also been having fun creating 100g mini-skein palette sets.

• This week I introduced a new DK yarn line called "Smitten"! 80/10/10 SW Merino, Nylon, and Cashmere.