Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ye Olde Blog Post

Handspun YarnWench Fibre

So, it looks like recording a new episode of YarnGasm before Rhinebeck isn't in the cards. Time has not been on my side these past few weeks, friends. BUT! When I do record a new episode, I will FINALLY be able to dish on the HUGE, EXCITING, EPIC news I've been teasing this whole time! (Hint: It's not babies.)

In the meantime, I figured I'd at least catch you up with a few things in ye olde blog post.

1. I want to thank the lovely ladies behind Gauge + Tension (Michele, Melissa, and Alison - I'm looking at you!) and everyone who stopped by for an amazing NYC Yarn Crawl weekend! My trunk show could not have gone better. I made so many wonderful new friends, and it was just an all around awesome experience. I will definitely be popping by G+T in the weeks to come (secretly hoping they stay put 4EVER)!

2. Rhinebeck! I will only be there on Saturday and am hoping to arrive before noon for the Ravelry meet-up. Laura of Gynx Yarns and The Dyer's Notebook Podcast is flying in from Texas!!! If you see us, please say hello! Also, I will have SWAG! ;-)


Daybreak Shawl / Gynx Yarns

3. I finished my Daybreak shawl ... and I am in love! The color combination is perfect, and will be my go-to shawl this winter.

4. I also finished spinning Yarn Wench's fiber in "Leather and Denim" for a hat I'm knitting for Dennis. Said hat has already been cast on. Just a simple ribbed brim / stockinette cap hat. So far, so good!

... And now I recall one of the reasons I started podcasting. So, I will stop there and say no more until the next episode.  Until then ... Rhinebeck, baby. Rhinebeck!

Kxo