Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Episode 108: Queen of Gray


On the Needles:
I realized it was time to learn how to knit a pair of toe-up socks. The cast on has always intimidated me but was finally driven to bite the bullet. Turns out, I really enjoy knitting them! Dare I say I'm a total convert? The Turkish cast on method is pure genius!!!

Here is the YouTube that helped me learn.
Daybreak
  • Ophidian Shawl / Voolenvine Yarns, Lush "Myth" colorway
  • Vanilla Socks / Voolenvine Yarns, Blitzed "Reflektor" colorway
  • Vanilla Toe-Up Socks / Voolenvine Yarns, BFL "Sealab" colorway
  • Daybreak Shawl / Gynx Yarns, single merino, "Gunmetal" & "Lavender Tea" colorways
  • Ranger Cardigan / Malabrigo Rios, "Coco" colorway 
  • Tempest Cardigan / Cephalopod Yarns, "Blue Lobster" & "Vampire Squid" colorways
Spinning: 

I learned how to use my GhstWorks Phang spindle, and really like the way it works! Right now I'm spinning up some Fibery Tribbles (Obligatory Box of Chocolates) from the lovely GourmetStash. Yum!

Here are some helpful YouTube videos:

Yarn Booty:

I have acquired yet another skein of Gynx Yarns single merino in "Unsafe for Swimming". 

Shop Update: 
I have a new base coming to the shop! I haven't named it yet, but it's a blend of BFL, Nylon, and Supwerwash Merino! #StayTuned

PSA: Going forward, all custom orders will require me to charge an extra 10% fee. I am happy to fulfill custom orders, but I have to take into consideration that it affects the general flow of business, supplies, and creativity.