Episode 95 — "Tough Mudder-of-All"


Intro:

Over the weekend Dennis and I threw a holiday party. There was lots of fun to be had! I baked Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
Red Velvet Cupcakes w/ Vanilla Frosting
and
Spinach Pie ... which turned out to be a Pinterest WIN!

Off the Needles:

Raven's Nest Shawl by Judy Marples from Cascadia / JulieSpins MCN fingering in "Fjord" color way.


On the Needles:
  • Vanilla Socks / My own handdye/
  • Modified York Mittens / Cephalopod Yarns Traveller DK in "Holbart, IN"

Stash Booty

Because You Asked

AllThatCakeKnit on Ravelry asks: How do you store your yarn? by weight, color or fiber? and can we see inside your yarn fortress one day?

There's no real method to my madness. I haphazardly store my yarn by weight. Fingering yarn on one shelf (since that's what I have more of) and then I store everything else on other shelves. I also tend to group types of yarn together… fancy / hand-dyed / luxury yarns together and run-of-the-mill yarns together. I actually have a small basket in the fortress dedicated to Knit Picks Palette - since I use it a lot for color work.

Blather
Last Friday I visited the Julep Pop-Up shop with Maria (Subway Knits Podcast) and Kim (Craft Stash Podcast).



Bella Test-Driving Holiday Party Photo Booth