Episode 96: I Dream of Zombies


This Zombies are taking over! Lately I've been watching back-to-back episodes of The Walking Dead, in addition to the Stockinette Zombies podcast. I'm Also resurrecting a pair of Zombie BBQ socks, which I cast on over a year ago — It's no surprise zombies are starting to invade my dreams.


Off the Needles:

Ravens’ Nest Shawl: Officially an FO! I showed it on the last episode, but it wasn’t blocked yet.

Pattern: Judy Marples, Published in “Cascadia” from Cooperative Press
Yarn: JulieSpins, MCN fingering in “Fjord”



On the Needles: 

Breaking Hearts Socks
  • Pattern by Cristi H. Brockway                          
  • Yarn: Another Crafty Girl, Strong Sock in “Mermaid Enchantress” 

Vivid: I caught the Vivid “bug” watching “Stockinette Zombies” and “The Knit Girllls” podcast. Had to knit my own!
  • Pattern by Tin Can Knits                      
  • Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss Fingering in “Velveteen”, “Hawk”, and “Robot”
  • Vanilla Sock using my own hand-dyed yarn

    The Languishing and Dearly Departed WIPS

Zombie BBQ - I was watching Stockinette Zombies the other day and Amy also cast on a pair of vanilla socks using the same yarn over a year ago. I poked her on Ravelry about it … so one of us has to make the move to motivate the other to finish it … I’m thinking after I finish my current pair of vanilla socks.

Sirdar pullover - Apparently, I’m not so jazzed about knitting a sweater purely out of laceweight. So, Im just going to let this one go quietly into the night.

Spinning:
  • Gourmet Stash Fibery Tribbles in “Jon Snow / The Wall” Duo on my Trindle

Adventures in Hand-Dyeing:
  • Absinthe Colorway - A nice bright green with black splatters
Stash Booty:

I wanted to order another sock blocker (purely for photographing purposes, because I’m tired of taking blah photos of my finished socks) However, I couldn’t just order a sock blocker without ordering more … sock yarn!

Dream in Color, Smooshy in “Cloud Jungle” and “Gothic Rose”
Loopy Ewe Sock Blocker                         

Because You Asked:

Knitting Goals
Blog re-design
Better show notes
more consistent schedule
Finish Projects I start
Complete Vivid
Take More and Better Photos
Partake in more knitting events (i.e., NaKniSweMo, Ravellenic Games, Tour de Fleece — especially now that I now how to spin!)
Quit lurking other podcasts and start participating in more board discussions. (again, introvert tendencies)

Blather:

YarnGasm’s 100th Episode!  (Giveaways to be announced soon)
Ombre Hair
Happy New Year!