Life is slowly but surely returning back to normal, after Hurricane Sandy. - Thank you again to everyone who has been in touch to see if we are OK. All is well on this side of Brooklyn.
I mentioned that I donated to the New York Aquairum, which was flooded during the storm. Here is a link for those interested in contributing to their hurricane relief.
Rhinebeck - Wonderful weather, awesome podcaster meet-up. Thanks to everyone who said, "hello!" It was great meeting you! I mentioned the TV Knitting Podcast hosted by @StitchMistress, and the Knit 1 Heart Too Podcast hosted by Wendy and Sheila.
Off the Needles:
- Pomme de Pin Cardigan / BMFA BFL Sport - Deep Unrelenting Gray
- Just need to sew on buttons
On the Needles
- 3 Irish Girl Socks, Adorn Sock, Mairin
- switched to Knit Picks US 1 dpns for 2nd sock
- Seasons Hat by Jared Flood - Knit Picks Palette, US 1, 2, and 4 for the color work
- Cambridge Cardigan by Ann Budd : Published in Interweave Knits Summer 2006
Knit Picks Worsted Wool of the Andes in Cobblestone.
Gauge calls for US 10, but I got correct gauge using US 7
Added extra ribbing to prevent curling along the hem. (had to add a stitch)
- Evenstar Shawl
I'm dabbling in quilting - Didn't want to spend $200 on an Urban Outfitters Quilt, so I'm taking matters into my own hand.
- Singer Quilter's Confidence
- Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorials on YouTube
- Taking a quilting course on Craftsy.com