Episode 54 - Knitting Disco Rave Sprocket Dance

Apologies ... Due to weddings, work, and a cold relapse, I didn't record last week. The good news is that I'm feeling better and have lots to talk about!

Two weeks ago I attended a friends wedding in Long Island. With 4 hours to kill before the ceremony, I took a walk into town and discovered KNIT, a yarn shop right near the hotel I was staying at. What are the odds?!
There, I purchased a pair of Knitter's Pride Dreamz US 4 / 3.5 mm circulars and love them!

Podcast-pallooza Rhinebeck Meetup:  Saturday, October 20th 2012 (within the Ravelry meetup)  - Come say hello! I have buttons! (Which I purchased from Cheapest Buttons on Etsy)

Carin's cupcakes - I sent them out WEEKS ago, only to find them back in my mailbox. Need to resend!

BIG thanks to Judy Marples (aka SpinnyKnitter on Ravelry) for allowing me to preview "Urban Forest Knits", a collection of 5 gorgeous patterns (perfect for fall / winter).

On The Needles

Pomme de Pin Cardigan - Blue Moon Fiber Arts / BFL Sport / Deep Unrelenting Gray
Vanilla Socks - 3 Irish Girls / Adorn Sock / Mairin
Evenstar (now with lifeline) - hiatus this week
Celes by Jared Flood - shetland inspired rectangular shawl / Halcyon Victoria lace
Henslowe - Beth Kling using Cakewalk yarns in Rhinebeck

For some crazy reason, I really want to knit a sweater for Bella.
Check out Buzzfeed's  "109 Cats in Sweaters" Slideshow ... also, this pattern on Ravelry.  I think I'll be using KnitPicks Chroma Fingering in Mix Tape - if this seems crazy ... please stop me NOW. Thx.



Blue Moon Fiber Arts, BFL Sport - Cat Approved!

Trying on my "almost" Pomme de Pin Cardigan. In Brooklyn (aka Land of Hipsters), I could walk outside right now and this look would be totally acceptable.