Episode 51: Runaway Cupcakes
Today I'm home sick today. Boo! But I get to kicking this week's episode off with a better-quality camera. Hurray!... and runaway cupcakes! On the Needles:
- Fa Fa Fa Socks by Lois Leong / Blue Moon Fiber Arts, STR, Lightweight in "Everyday Gray"
- Evenstar Shawl by Susan Pandorf / KnitPicks Gloss Laceweight in "Sterling"
- Henslowe Shawl by Beth Kling / Cakewalk Yarns, Stash Fingering in "Rhinebeck"'
I knit 3 cupcakes for Carin's wedding (of Round the Twist podcast) I did a modified version of WIP Insanity's free Dalek Cupcake pattern, only I used a picot edging for the frosting (k3 rows, *yo k2tog; repeat from * until end of row, k3 rows)
"Ancient Egypt in Lace and Color", by Anna Dalvi from Cooperative Press
This book has twelve lace shawl patterns inspired by the six colors used in Egyptian art: green, red, white, black, yellow, and blue.
What I love:
- Historical overview
- Egyptian color meanings
- Gorgeous photos
- Wonderful layout
- Something for everyone / lace patterns for beginner to more advanced
- I want to knit just about every pattern in the book
I can honestly say I love everything about this book of patterns. Check it out!
Available to download as a digital PDF via Ravelry or CooperativePress.com for $16.95 US. Digital + Print version retails for $26.95 US.
I'm also smitten with @SweatShopofLove's new blog, Holla Knits!
Patterns I love include: New Girl Skirt by Allyson Dykhuizen and the Devon Cardigan by Karin. Kemper iKnit1Purl1.