Recipe: Broccoli Crunch Salad


As I mentioned in the last podcast, we returned from Cape Cod Sunday night and for sanity's sake, I also took Monday off -- which of course, I had planned for a whole day of knitting! But (of course) there were other things I needed to do like laundry, dishes, and what the hey, dinner. (The crock-pot lives!) 

In addition, I also made a bold attempt to re-create one of my favorite dishes (from Stop n' Shop's deli, no less!). Usually when me and the Mister hit up the beach, it's my go-to, on-the-go lunch. For some reason, I always order it-- probably because it's SOOOO goood! Broccoli, Zucchini, raisins, BACON!!! What more could you ask for? Anyway, it turned out very well. If you're interested, here's the recipe: 

Broccoli Crunch Salad

Prep time: 10 min
Servings: 2 + a little extra for snacking

Ingredients:
  • 2 large broccoli stalks, chopped
  • 1 large zucchini, shredded or chopped
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • Raisins, 1 snack-sized box
  • 3 tbsp real bacon bits
  • 3 tbsp light mayo
  • 3 tbsp vinegar
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions: Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Serve chilled.

~~~***~~~

Also, a few photos from vacation:

Call me crazy cat lady, but I really missed Bella.