Wednesday, May 2, 2012

More Bobbly

My apologies for being MIA these past few weeks... my calendar is lit like a Christmas tree again!

Start-itus still has a strong hold on me. There are moments when I feel like scrapping all my WIPs and starting with a clean slate... but that's just silly! I'm just overwhelmed. I need to close the Ravelry tab in my browser... take a deep breath... and take a look at what's already on my needles. Simple. Easy. Ba-da-bing! As of this post, I forbid myself to cast on another project until I have at least three FOs. 'Nuff said.

Speaking of start-itus, I cast on a pair of Kelmscott socks by Kirsten Kapur
-- This pattern is from way back when I decided I was going to join a mystery KAL... *sigh* Lesson learned... I'm not one for KALs. As much as I love the idea, I'm not one for 'obligatory' knits, but I'm glad I got around to casting on a pair-- it's knitting up beautifully. Of course, the yarn is BMFA STR Lightweight in their True Blood colorway. One gripe is my bobble-making. I wish they were more... bobbly?

In other news, it just occurred to me that next month, it will be me and Dennis' 1-year anniversary! I seriously can't believe how fast time flies! Crazy. But I have to say, it's been an an amazing year to boot! So much has changed (in an awesome way) between then and now. More adventures to come!

Also, I'm absolutely LOVING my new camera lens (Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II)! I've been clicking away at practically everything in sight; Knitting, husband, cat, food, parties, flowers... you name it!
I got a little snap-happy on a trip back to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens last weekend.
 

 Also, I tried a new Crock-pot recipe last night... Jamaican Jerk BBQ Chicken, deviating from my usual Indian or Mexican pots. If you love spicy meat dishes, I highly recommend the recipe! It's so easy!  Just season the chicken and douse it with a BBQ sauce / dark rum concoction... yes, you heard right... RUM! Then dump it all into the Crock-pot and cook on low for 8 hours. I served it with buttermilk biscuits and coleslaw.  :9






1 comment:

  1. I cast on those socks with the kal and have one that is 3/4 done and one that is about half done. Maybe seeing yours will motivate me to actually finish mine too. I'm good with some KALS but not others :P I really love the first photo of this post!!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ClusterMap