Thursday, April 19, 2012

Slowing Down

Blue Moon Fiber Arts, BFL Sport, Deep Unrelenting Gray
It seems my life is moving a little too quickly, these days. Everything I do feels like a race against the clock, including knitting time. And that's not good. When this happens, everything is out of whack. I feel frazzled, spread too thin, I eat too much chocolate and worst of all, I get a wicked bout of startitus!
When it comes to knitting, I have the attention span of a goldfish... If I can't totally focus on a particular project (especially big ones) there's a good chance I'm going to get distracted with another pattern. If not nipped in the bud, it becomes a chain reaction.

I need to slow down.
To remedy this, I have a few goals lined up for myself this summer:

  • Take a knitcation.  When exactly this will happen is TBD, but in the very near future.
  • Take pictures... lots of them! Put them in photo albums. Lately I've been stalking a photo photo blog, From Me to You... I'm absolutely smitten with Jamie's photos and have just been totally and utterly inspired to become a better photographer.
  • Clear my calendar. Avoid making too many plans. (This of course does not apply to knitting meet-ups and Maryland Sheep and Wool)
  • Clean the apartment. Organize. This should probably be step 1.
  • Stash-down! I have more sock yarn than I can handle at this point. I have a feeling it's going to be a summer of socks.
  •  
On a lighter note, I have finished knitting the Hermione socks! This is my first pair of socks using BMFA Socks that Rock, lightweight and I have to say, they are the most comfortable socks, EVER! Just writing that makes me want to order more yarn from them... but I won't. I'll be good. ;)

Speaking of which, I received their BFL Sport in Deep Unrelenting Gray which I'll be using to knit the Pomme de Pin Cardigan by Amy Christoffers. -- In fact, I've already cast on! That's how excited I am about this project! I was actually surprised how incredibly soft the fiber is.
Poor Audrey in Unst. One more sleeve! One more sleeve! It's OK, I smell a long car ride to Cape Cod coming soon. I can finish her then.

Sadly, I've decided to frog my Sothia. She was a little too bright for my taste. As much as I love neons and neutrals, I've succumbed to the fact that the comb just doesn't look good on me. I think I'll be knitting something else with this gorgeous yarn. A blanket? A pillow? The possibilities are endless! The pattern on the other hand, is beautiful! I'll revisit soon enough... right after I finish my Harmony On the Rocks shawl.
R.I.P.


1 comment:

  1. Love, LOVE, the colors in those socks! I love knitting socks.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ClusterMap