Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Apartment Therapy

Pomme de Pin in Progress

 So, I did not get around to podcasting this weekend... my sincere apologies! It's just been another crazy week of family gatherings and apartment therapy.
Enjoying Our New Roof Deck Furniture
My parents came over for dinner Saturday night, which was a perfect excuse to assemble all the IKEA furniture we purchased last weekend... I know! I know! I said no more IKEA, but we needed a dining table and there was a patio set on sale-- an offer we couldn't refuse!
Wooden flowers spotted at a furniture store (NOT IKEA)
Sunday, it rained. I gladly took the opportunity to become shamelessly lazy and just knit the day away...

  • I worked on my Pomme de Pin cardigan, which I am thoroughly enjoying! Such a great pattern (thus far). And the yarn... ugh! The yarn is like BUTTAH! (The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts BFL Sport in Deep Unrelenting Gray) 
  • Then I worked on a pair of Vanilla Socks for Dennis, using the same yarn but in STR Lightweight. 
  • Then I cast on Purl SoHo's Granny Stripe Blanket... (I had originally cast on the Sothia Shawl, using Madeline Tosh Merino Light in Edison Bulb and Antler, because I'm smitten with neutrals and neons... but to be honest, the color combo does not suit my complexion. Thus, it was frogged.)
Ribbit... Ribbit... Ribbit...
So, yes... it was a very productive weekend however, I could really use a day off-- I am spent. It would also be nice to put out another podcast episode. I'm slacking again. (unintentionally)

Dinosaur on Our Roof
In other news,  I'm excited about my new camera lens! -- I purchased the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens for my DSLR... It should be coming in the mail today! -- I love my Diana+, but developing film these days is not as easy and affordable anymore. And while I love my iPhone-- I'm ready for some 'professional' digital instant gratification. ;)

My friend, who photographs food on a daily basis actually recommended I check this lens out. It's professional, inexpensive and takes GORGEOUS shots. I couldn't resist.
Looking forward to getting snap happy this summer! Stay tuned...

Even Bella is Smitten with Blue Moon BFL!



3 comments:

  1. Love the kitty shot. He does look caught in the act, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really going to love your new lens. It makes taking good pictures effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, thanks ladies!

    Audry-- I already love it! It came yesterday and have been snapping away since. Makes even the most mundane objects look gorgeous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ClusterMap