Saturday, April 7, 2012

Decisions, decisions!

 
Dennis and I have a double whammy holiday weekend... more like triple! First on the docket: Our friends, who are a month away from welcoming their baby, are having a little pre-baby party. Next up, Passover dinner with Dennis' family... then on Sunday, Easter dinner with my family! I anticipate lots of family, good food and dare I mention DRIVING! And you know what that means... lots of KNITTING! Still trying to work out what project(s) I'm going to bring along for the trip(s). Is it bad that I'm also looking forward to sitting in lots of holiday traffic?

Anywho, here's a sneak peak at some Easter goodies I whipped up. Unfortunately, these are not Kosher, but Dennis' family will still be getting some they can save for after the Passover holiday :)
 These are Martha Stewart's Cranberry Coin Cookies... Baking is not one of my strong suits, but I have to say, this has to be one of the easiest cookie recipes I've attempted. Highly recommend it if you need a quick baking fix.

I put a small dent in my Harmony On the Rocks Shawl this morning... Although, I'm not sure I'll be taking it with me over the weekend because it does require my full attention. I've been playing with the idea of casting on another Hitchhiker Shawl with some Cakewalk Yarn, or the Three Irish Girls yarn I purchased at VK Live...

But then I have those 2 skeins of Blue Moon Fiber Arts STR Lightweight in Deep Unrelenting Gray and True Blood Red that have been starring me down since I got them! So a few patterns come to mind...  The  Sothia Shawl by Robin Ulrich-- but then I decided this pattern will be perfect for some Madelinetosh Merino Light I have coming. (I'm still hell-bent on neons and neutrals and ordered 1 skein in Edison Bulb and another in Anter!) Then there's Color Affection by Veera Välimäki and Tempest cardigan by Ann Weaver. So I have lots of options here... hopefully I'll make a decision before go-time and I'll have something to show for when I return! 

In the meantime, I'm just thinking about how much I'm going to miss my cat. :(
Miss Bella... holding down the fort!



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ClusterMap