Vampire Weeks


Hello! I'm here and still alive... It's just after moving and settling into our new apartment, I seem to have fallen into a knitting coma.

I've been completely monogamous to knitting my Monkey Socks while plowing through all of season one and some of season 2 of The Vampire Diaries on Netflix... then watching Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 on iTunes.

I'm glad the socks are off the needles but on the other hand, I'm totally vampired out! I think my motive here was to finish them before I cast on anything else because knowing me, I'd get distracted and never pick them up again. So I let myself get sucked into some guilty-pleasure TV (pun intended).

So the Monkey Socks are done. Now I'm knitting a pair of V Junkie socks from Alice Yu's Socktopus: 17 socks to knit and show off, which I reviewed over on KnitNook.net! So, not only am I on a vampire kick, I'm on a sock knitting kick as well. Good times!

In other news, for my birthday I treated myself to a Kindle Fire... Let me just say, I'm in love! My office loaned me an iPad but to be honest, I never take the thing with me because it's so heavy. Most people criticize the Kindle Fire because it doesn't have 3G -- meaning without a wi-fi signal, you can't connect to the internet. I'm quite alright with that, because if I need internet on-the-go, I have my iPhone. I only plan on using Fire for reading books during my commute, Netflix and to store knitting pattern PDF files... This way I can watch TV with Dennis and knit on the sofa, or in the car. Referring to patterns on an iPhone in the car is no bueno... just saying. Also, I downloaded a few knitting magazines a while back... now I can actually take them with me and read them properly! So yeah, very happy with my new toy :)

So, that's what I've been up to these past few weeks. I hope to get a new podcast episode out soon! In the meantime, happy knitting!

~ K