Friday, October 14, 2011

Pre-Rhinebeck 2011 // 411

Me, Age 4? My love of wool... So close! Yet so far away.

In my book, Rhinebeck is right up there with Thanksgiving, Hannukah, Christmas, and New Years... sans the cooking and family drama, and wicked hangover the next morning-- all of which I can live without. Needless to say, I've been looking forward to Rhinebeck 2011, since we left Rhinebeck 2010! Anywho...

Buttermilk Falls

I'm not sure how this is going to play out on Saturday, but I plan on showing up to the Rhinebeck fairgrounds around noon. Then, I'm going to find Maria (VenusFueri) of the Subway Knits Podcast for an informal podcast meet-up!-- Somewhere near the more formal Ravelry meetup at the main gates from 12pm-1pm ((I hear she'll have a sign!))-- Sooo, if you're in or around the area, please pop by and say hello! We'd love to meet you :D

In other news, I cast off my Flannery Socks! I love them... I had plenty of time to work on them this past weekend when we drove up to Lake Cayuga (one of the Finger Lakes near Ithaca) for a wedding-- which is gorgeous this time of year! We managed to squeeze in some apple and pumpkin picking, wine tasting, even waterfall chasing! (cue TLC) Buttermilk Falls to be exact! ;-)

Unfortunately, I didn't have time (or the light) to take photos of the socks. That I'll do this weekend. In the meantime, please enjoy this childhood photo foreshadowing my yarn-obsessed future. Can't wait for next weekend... YAY!
Apple Picking!