Episode 23: Mullet of Caridgans


Putting a dent in our Wedding Chuppah.
Dennis' mom showing me how to weave!!!

Listen here:

This episode is sponsored by:


What's Stitching

I lied. I am knitting a sock. I had itchy fingers. Couldn't resist casting it on.

KAL
Maria (aka @VenusFueri) from the Subway Knits Podcast and I will be hosting a joint KAL. We'll be knitting the Rose Lace Stole from Interweave Knits Spring 2011 issue, starting May 1st. 2 lucky listeners participating in the KAL who finish their Rose Lace Stole by June 30th will win prizes from Dear Husband Yarns and Velvet Hippo Stitch Markers

Woolen Rabbit Yarn in Scottish Heather... considering using this for the KAL.

Here are the rules:
  • The KAL officially begins May 1st.
  • On that day, Maria and I will post a thread in our Ravelry groups for participating listeners to discuss the KAL and share their progress, etc.
  • Choose a group (Team YarnGasm or Team Subway Knits-- it really doesn't matter, this is just for fun)
  • KAL ends June 30th. On that date, Maria and I will pick 1 winner from each group using a random number generator.
  • Each winner will receive a Dear Husband Dye "Golden Ticket", entitling you to 8oz of their yarn and a set of stitch markers from Velvet Hippo


Wedding Update

This is the headpiece I will wear for my wedding. It's by Myrakim of Twigs & Honey on Etsy. I ordered it back in February, and arrived last week. Definitely worth the wait! Do have a look at Myra's Etsy shop... her work is just amazing!!!

Review
Knitty Spring + Summer 2011

RiverCat sock pattern by Brenda Patipa reminds me of Picasso's painting, Staircase:


#StashBustArmy

Assignment for April 2011: Using yarn from your stash, create a knitted object inspired by dessert. Whether it's the color, texture, brand, smell, or pattern... make it something that makes you think of something -- or even look like something yummy.