The Easter Monster


The Easter Monster

So this past week I received a package from Dear Husband Yarns, containing 2 yummy skeins of Worsted Kona in the Doodlebug and Parisian Picnic!!


Doodlebug
Of course, I immediately cast on one of Rebecca Danger's monsters-- Daphne & Delilah However, since I only had 105 yds to work with, I could only made a Daphne.


Parisian Picnic
I remember I tried casting on this project a while go, but for whatever reason I was having a tough time. I couldn't get past the feet increases. Maybe I was stressed, or whatever, but I just couldn't do it. This time around, it was easy-peasy!

Also, I learned to do Magic Loop... for reals this time! I know I've said in the past that I learned how to do Magic Loop, but honestly, while I thought I learned how to do it, I didn't quite have it down as well as I thought. But now I completely get it and it's so easy!!! Maybe I'll do a video ((thinking out loud))

Magic Looping it!
Anyway, as if that wasn't enough technique learning, this pattern also requires doing a 3-needle bind off, which I've done before, but needed to refresh my memory.

All in all, this is a really great pattern! I cast on Friday night and finished this morning! So a really quick knit. You really learn a lot knitting this pattern, so for 6 bucks, it's totally worth it.

So, this pretty little monster is going to my little niece, Summer. I really hope she likes it. I know it's not your "typical" Easter basket stuffer, so it'll be interesting to see my fam's reaction. LoL

Miss Doug
In other news, me and Dennis are kitteh-sitting Doug for our friends. Doug is awesome. Even though she wakes me up at 5am to play, she's lucky I'm a morning person. (yes, Doug is a she) Anywho, she's been keeping me company in the morning while I knit, and amazingly, doesn't attack my yarn. She's more interested with the pigeons that perch outside the kitchen window on the fire escape.
I would love to have a cat, but unfortunately, I'm still allergic :( Not too serious, thankfully. But my eyes and nose are quite itchy and I've been sneezing up a storm. But Doug is totally worth it. She's the sweetest cat I ever met. :)

That being said, Happy Easter, Passover and Spring everyone!!! See you next weekend with a new episode of YarnGasm! :D