Episode 14: Captain's Log - San Francisco 2010


Back from San Francisco! This week I talk about my vacation, the projects I took along and the yarn shops I hit up. Also in this episode, a review of Interweave Knits Winter 2010 issue and as always Stash Bust Army!

Listen Here:


SAN FRANCISCO TRAVEL GUIDE

  • The Golden Gate Bridge
  • Full House - American Sitcom based in San Francisco (c. 1990s)
  • North Beach Area - Lots of great Italian bistros / restaurants / pastry shops
  • Urban Curry (Yummy Indian food / BYOB - $8 cork charge)
  • Hotel Whitcomb - gorgeous hotel located in San Fran's civic center-- a little dodgy, but near a lot of attractions (ie Union Square-- shopping! And Artfibers yarn shop, which sadly, I did not get to visit)
  • Coppola Winery, Napa Valley - wine tasting / Francis Ford Coppola's personal Planet Hollywood... try the Chardonnay FC Reserve !!!

    Full-On Double Rainbow seen in Napa Valley... what does it all mean???
    (Double Rainbow Guy YouTube Video)
  • Monteray Aquarium
  • The Fishhopper - Excellent seafood w/ heated outdoor seating. A bit touristy and $$$ but excellent sardines, mussels, clams and chowdah!
  • Yosemite National Park - Go! That is all

    Yosemite National Park



    Lately, I find myself taking more photos with my iPhone, instead of my digital camera-- I'm obsessed with photo filter apps! These were taken using Instagram, Swankolab and Infinicam to get that vintage look, in case you're wondering. ;)

YARN SHOPS!
  • Cast Away in Santa Rosa, CA (great yarn pit-stop to and from Napa Valley)
  • ImagiKnit in San Francisco, CA

    Yarn Bombing outside Cast Away Yarn Shot in Santa Rosa, CA

WHAT'S STITCHING

While on vacation, I finished knitting a pair of Paton's Kroy Socks FX in the Camo Colorway.
Then I started knitting a sock, improvising a 3x1 rib twist, using Knit Picks Stroll in the Twinkle colorway.

Paton's Kroy Socks FX in Camo


REVIEW