Monday, July 19, 2010

Episode 3: Stash Bust Army



Disclaimer: Again, I apologize for the audio quality. I picked up a new (albeit affordable) mic at Best Buy last week, but am still not happy with the quality. It's not unbearable- better than last week for sure, but the A/C in the background certainly doesn't help.

This week, I babble on about:

  • My quest for alone time. (pray tell, does she ever find it???)
  • Escape To The Cape Part Deux
  • Barnstable Fair in Yarmouth, MA

The Stash Bust Army: A KAL, or Twit-Along where the idea is to bust as much yarn from your stash as possible! Knit any pattern you want, for the love of angora bunnies, use up the yarn!... Then post your progress and photos on twitter followed by #StashBustArmy!-- even share stash-bust-worthy patterns! So much fun! If you find yourself drowning in your stash, feel free to join! The more the merrier!

What I'm Knitting:
  • Jared Flood's Turn a Square Hat using KnitPicks Wool of The Andes remnants
  • Thuja socks from Knitty.com, using the Plymouth Yarn Happy Feet I bought in Cape Cod a few weeks ago. Do I even need to say this idea was an automatic EPIC FAIL?
  • Traveling Woman Shawl -- Re-purposing Happy Feet - already up to the 2nd repeat of chart A! There even seems to be enough yarn left that I might go for a 3rd chart repeat! Vee shall see! ;-)
Quote of the Week: "Therein pigeon poop, happiness lies."

Recent Yarn Aquisitions:

While I pledged not to buy anymore yarn until several yds of stash hath been bust, I couldn't resist purchasing an amazing skein of hand-dyed sock yarn from the lovely Miss Rachel of On The Round. Normally, I'm not a pink person, but seeing this twist of hot pinks, light pinks and mocha browns with a hint of black, is all it took! Follow her on Twitter @OnTheRound