Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day


I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day! I spent the day at my Aunt's house with my family. Lots of yummy home cooking, wine and baked goods, which apparently I'm still digesting.

I finished blocking my Mom's Hemlock Ring Throw just in time! (If there ever were a Knitter's workout... this would be it!) However, once dry, it retained a filmy residue. Lesson learned: Make sure ALL soak is rinsed completely out of FO before blocking. Thankfully, it's cotton and was able to just rinse it again and dry it out on the fire escape. I was very lucky because it was a super windy sunshine day! It dried in less than 3 hours!

I also finished blocking my future Mother-In-Law's Feather Duster Shawl! I was very skeptical of the pattern not showing through the color, however, it blocked wonderfully! I can't wait to give it to her!!! (Because I might just keep it!) ;-)

I also sewed 3 tiny mother of pearl buttons at one of the edges. I guess if she wants to button it, or they just look pretty against the fuzzy purple.

And now, for some selfish knitting.

On the needles, I'm currently working on another Shetland Triangle Shawl. I began knitting one out of Knit Pick's Tonal in Queen Anne, but the varigated colors were having a "BLEGH!" effect... not to mention the entire skein tangled-- another nightmare I won't get into.
So, I switched to the Gypsy colorway which is knitting up much better! So much, I ordered another skein! It's gonna be a biggie! hehe. Yep, you heard right: Another yarn shipment... This time to my office. Sadly, I can't rely on my own postman.

This week, I purchased the Fiona All Grown-Up pattern by Sanne Bjerregaard. To my KnitPick's cart, I also added a few skeins of Confy Fingering yarn in Ivory and Honeydew.

There's also been talk of a Fiona All Grown-Up KAL! @CheekyTart, @KnittyorNice, @KillerLashes have their yarnage all lined up and we're going post our progress on Twitter! Anyone who wants to join in can jump right in! This is going to be so much fun! ::does happy dance::
I wonder, is a Ravelry group for this KAL in order? ;-)