Sunday, April 11, 2010

Flight of The Ishbels


First, I'd like to apologize. I've been a bit flighty this week, via Twitter and keeping up with my favorite blogs... Another busy week at le day job. I did try my best to dip in to say hello and to see what you were all up to, whenever possible. I hope all is well! Despite the hectic week, I was incredibly lucky to have met a new knitter through @KnittyOrNice! A big hello to @GettingPurly, who also knit up a gorgeous version of my Hilde hat! Check it out on her blog, http://gettingpurlywithit.wordpress.com
Not only does she knit up the cutest fingerless mitts, and hats, offer helpful tutorials, but her posts burst with inspiration! And if you're a sucker for flowers photos, like me... look no further ;-)

In other news... Saturday was all a blur. I just remember catching up on podcasts, a few blogs... Here's To Ewe! Is back! Yay! I've missed those guys. Other than that, knitting... knitting, knitting, knitting. There may have been a car ride involved.
This aftersnooze, I finished Ishbel! Blocked it properly, pins on the bed (though Dennis wasn't super crazy about this) But hey, my shawl has little pointy edges now, as it should!

@KnittyOrNice inspired Macro-Lensness!
In the meantime, I've been keeping my ears occupied with the first book of the Sookie Stackhouse series, Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. I've seen the first season of the HBO version, True Blood, which more or less stays true to the original storyline. But to be honest, I like the book better. Maybe because I'm listening to the story all in one sitting, the narrator is excellent, and yes, there are some risque bits-- but mostly because there aren't all these sub-plots you have to worry about. I still have to see the 2nd season... so I'm not totally knocking it, yet. But if you're in the market for some ear candy... check it out!


That being said, time to finish writing Vinelle. The reason it's taking so long is that I want to make super sure the other size calculations are correct. Very close! More to come! :)