Sunday, April 18, 2010

Flabbergasted


I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine flew by way too quick.

I've been a busy bee as usual: Working like a mad woman, barely able to knit up a storm... more like a drizzle. I manage to fit in a few stitches here and there. Waking up at 6am on weekdays gives me at least an hour and a half of decent knitting time... sleep be damned!

So, it's been a week since I posted my Vinelle Cardigan pattern on Ravelry and I'm flabbergasted by how many people purchased it so far! I had no idea it would do so well! Over 20 sold and 717 Ravelry hearts, as it stands now. I'm blushing. Thank you! ::does happy dance::

However, it's been a learning experience. Oh, yes! After publishing said pattern, several typos and glitches surfaced-- Everything from cast on numbers matching up after decreases, to sleeve joins... I have a lot more to learn about size calculations. Keeping fingers crossed, all mistakes have been resovled, but thanks to all who sent me a note letting me know.


This weekend was no less crazy. Dennis and I drove upstate to check out more wedding venues so, naturally, I needed a new knitting project. I downloaded Evelyn A. Clark's Shetland Triangle Lace Shawl and using Knit Pick's Stroll Tonals in Queen Anne. OK, I know. Varigated yarn and lace... so taboo! But honestly, it looks nice! It's cheery, and makes me want to eat grapefruit :-9 And the pattern is so simple, I'm pretty sure this project would double as TV knitting, but I'm hoping to finish it for my mom before Mother's Day.

I'm also taking another stab at writing my own shawl pattern. The math is killer. But I'm soldiering on!

Finally, I thought I'd get my geek on and share some iPhone apps I use for knitting.

No, you're not seeing things... that is a Ravelry icon! Sadly, it's not an app, but a shortcut applet you can create in Safari: Here's how to do it:

1. In Safari, Navigate to Ravelry.com
2. Tap the plus symbol at the bottom of the screen.
3. Choose "Add to Home Screen"
4. Safari will then create an app button for the website!


I did the same for KnitMap.com :) I feel so clever! hehe.



But if you own an iPhone check out these Apps:
1. Yardage Calc: Calculates yardage needed for a project and even has a project inspiration wheel!
2. KnittingMania: It's like guitar hero... but for knitters. I kid you not.
3. Brizzly: So far, my favorite Twitter client app.
4. Seamstress: Divides inches by half and quarters automatically. Probably not worth 2 bucks, but I found it comes in handy when figuring out measurements for stitch count.
5. Saving Private Sheep & Sheep Pro: Cute little addictive games involving cute sheep!


Until next time! Happy Knitting.