Undertakings


Vinelle Cardigan
Happy Sunday! Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend... despite Spring's unexpected leave of absence.
I didn't have to work this weekend, so needless to say I spent a good chunk of it knitting my heart out!
OK, I might have bitten off a little more than I can chew concerning the many projects I'm currently working on and planning to undertake. Where should I begin?

1. I've decided to tackle Jacqueline Fee's Sweater Workshop, which teaches how to design your own seamless sweaters. It's a big book, and there's a sampler you have to knit as you go along, which slightly resembles a knitted deflated water booey. At first, it seemed a bit daunting... but I've already cast on and its easy peasy! Not to mention, I've learned a few new things within the first 10 pages! Love it!

Conifer: Almost FO
2. I frogged Conifer last week because I had made too many mistakes. I started over last Sunday and am only a few rows from being done! But as suspected, there were a few glitches in the pattern itself. I'm not going to rip it out again. My sanity won't allow it. Unless you really scrutinize the shawl, you don't notice the cables are going the wrong direction. Here is the Ravelry link to the corrections: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/conifer-shawl
Overall, I highly recommend the pattern. It knit up incredibly fast and just a really enjoyable knit.

One of these things is not like the other... or A Stranger Among Malabrigos!
3. More yarn. It's official, my stash grows more and more each week! There's no stopping it, nor do I have the will or desire to succumb. Friday, I ordered several skeins from KnitPicks.com. Their new Tonal line was so irresistable, I ordered 2 skeins of it and then some! But it didn't stop there... oh no. Today Dennis (bless'm) drove me to Brooklyn General, where I bought two skeins of Malabrigo, one in Worsted Roanoke and Lace Garnet. While I browsed, Dennis kept himself from going loopy by getting a Donut and coffee at a nearby bakery. I'm the luckiest girl in the whole US of A! I love him.
But it's safe to say, my wallet hates me.

KnitPicks.com Yarn Booty
4. Finally, Barbra Walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns came in the mail this week! I've already started earmarking pages and thinking up more patterns! Weee!

5. Working on a pattern for Vinelle! Just working out the different sizes... proving a bit tricky, but it's coming along.

So, as you can see, I have my work cut out for me. Well, I think that just about does it for now. Lots of work ahead, and I'll post pictures of Jacqueline Fee sampler... should be very interesting.

Ooh, before I forget, I also finished listening to Stephanie Pearl McPhee Casts Off: The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting. The Audiobook is only 4 hours long, and breezed through it in a week, listening to it here and there on the way to work and while I knit... It's hands down a must for all knitters. If there is someone in your life that doesn't understand for the life of them why you knit, why your stash runneth over... they need to read/listen to this book. That is all.