Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend



I began writing this Friday, but finally updating Sunday night, on account of having to work all weekend.


FRIDAY
First, can I just say what an absolutely gorgeous day it is? I took full advantage of it by going for a bicycle ride. After seeing the scrummy Morehouse yarn KnittingKnoobie bought from Brooklyn General the other day, I thought I'd ride over and check it out however, after Google Mapping it, I didn't realize how far it was. So, I opted to swing by The Yarn Tree, which alas was closed. But it's for the best. I really don't need any more yarn.
Come together!
Last week I went to Michael's and came home with 6 skeins of Sugar n' Cream. They were on sale and their color, "Country Mauve," was too pretty to pass up. I'm thinking about knitting a light-weight cardigan for summer.
Michael's Yarn Booty: Sugar n' Cream in Country Mauve

Boye Stitch Markers... Not as sturdy as they're cute.

SUNDAY
Despite having to work all weekend, I finished my cardigan! A pattern is certainly in the works, so stay tuned!
But wait! There's more!... good news, that is! I sold my very first pattern to @pattymc422 ... so a very special thank you!!! I can't tell you how giddy that e-mail notification made me!

There's so much more I want to write, but it's late. More to come!

P.S. Just a little show n' tell: Found this super cute ring at a local dollar store for, yup, 1 buck! It even glows in the dark! :D