Mystery Sweater


I've put all projects on hold and jumped right into knitting a sweater... pattern not included. Yup. I've been looking all over for a big old chunky sweater with a button-up cowl neck, but said pattern was nowhere to be found. So, I'm taking matters into my own hands.

The main part of the sweater is finished: Just your basic raglan. But I'm going to add a reversible cabled cowl neck. Not sure how it's going to turn out, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, it's a bit stiff, so I think a run through the wash will relax it a bit. That's what I like about Lion-Brand... although it's cheap, and more acrylic than wool, you can pop it in the wash and not worry about shrinking. In fact, it does the opposite.

One of the first sweaters I ever knit (EZ's Seamless Saddle Shoulder) with Wool-Ease worsted, turned out too big. I threw it in with my laundry thinking it would shrink... boy was I wrong! It was supposed to be for Dennis, but let's just say it's become my version of a "Snuggie"... and yes, I love it! ;-)

So, this weekend it's Valentine's Day and Me & Dennis' 3rd anniversary, since we've been together! :D Yippeee!!!!!! <3<3<3 Fancy schmancy dinner plans are in order.