Improvisation


On Saturday, Dennis and I checked out Brooklyn Flea's New Digs at the Brooklyn Savings Bank. For those of you unfamiliar, Brooklyn Flea is a weekend Flea Market for local artists, crafters, collectors... Lots of antiques, retro china, furniture, deer heads, vintage clothes... A little expensive, but worth the trip just to see what it's all about. Anyway, I found these vintage buttons for $3! I'm all about buttons these days.

What I'm Knitting

I took a break from my Mitaine @ Moufles this weekend. I've decided the Knit Picks Stroll yarn I'm using is not all that and a bag of Skittles, if you know what I mean. It's too socky... not squishy, woolly and soft, as I prefer my mittens to be. So, I've cast them aside until I find more appropriate "wooliage".

In the meantime, I found a project for the skein of Unicorn I've been coveting, and improvising a cardigan for my 2-yr old niece (to-be), Juliana. So far so good, although, I wish I didn't include a lace strip along the front panels . As predicted, lace does not bode well with variegated yarn. Maybe I can salvage it with some beading and sequins... Other than that, I love the way it's turning out. The yarn is uber soft, and the colors are too cute!

WWKK (What Would Kristin Knit)

I've been on a bulky wool kick, ever since I knit the Anthropologie Caplet, and have been browsing Ravelry for inspiration. I have a shipment of 8 skeins of Knit Picks Cadena Mist coming and want something yummy to knit with it.

Wrenna: Leather-Laced Cardigan - From the knitting book, French Girl Knits. I MUST Knit this... it's so pretty! Althought, again, with the short sleeves. This time, I'll have enough yarn, but then again, I'll have to invest in another book. I've already blown my knitting budget, so sadly, this project will have to be put on the back burner.

Sweaterbabe's Chic Cables & Lace Cowl Neck - I love all her patterns. They're so chunky and cozy looking. I think this is what I'll be knitting next.

Butterfly Dress
- A bit naughty, but too pretty to pass up. I have 2 skeins of alpaca olive green lace yarn on the way... maybe... just maybe :-)