So That Was Christmas...



Hope everyone had a happy holiday! Don't know about you, but I'm slightly glad it's over. All the family, food, and shopping... gets a little overwhelming, if you know what I mean. But there were lots of good parts, too!
I must have been more nice than naughty this year, since Dennis surprised me with a yarn swift for Christmas / Hanukkah!
It works like a dream. What would have taken me 2 hours to do, assuming "the position" (factoring in all the de-tangling ), took only 5 minutes to wind a hank of yarn.

I also finished knitting Dennis' Cruiser Mittens. Admittedly, my Kitchener stitch needs improvement, but for the most part, they turned out alright. They fit, and more importantly, he likes them! :-)

My mom is now the proud owner of the Velvet Grapes Malabrigo Ishbel I knit a few weeks ago, and am currently knitting another out of Knit Picks Stroll in Basalt Heather. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. ;-) I really ought to learn how to design my own triangular shawl pattern... Who doesn't love a knitting challenge?