But still, I'm a little ho-hum now, because I'm at a loss for what I should listen to next. Of course, I have all my knitting podcasts to catch up on: Electric Sheep, KnitPicks, Knitmore Girls... I'm set for a few days. But books! Maybe something a little more substantial is in order? :-P
So, what's on the needles these days? I hit a brick wall in the inspiration department, and without thinking, cast on a third Ishbel. I'm using KnitPicks's Stroll in Basalt Heather, which I orignially wanted to use to knit a Daybreak scarf for Dennis, but when I mentioned it was triangular, he made a face that kind of said, "um, yeah. no." (note to self: significant other adverse to triangles)... duly noted.
That being said, I have a few New Years Resolutions.. though I rarely make/keep them. But without further ado:
- Drink more water -- I drink too much Diet soda. Coke in particular. Frankly, I'm sick of family and co-workers sending me articles on the dangers of aspartame.
- Take more photos -- hence the new digi cam. Especially since this past year has been severely lacking in the photography department.
- Learn Magic Loop Method... More for knitting sleeves than socks.
- Learn Provisional Cast On Method... seriously, wtf is the provisional cast on method?!
- Maybe I should include "drink less"... but honestly, I only drink one or two glasses of wine a night. I don't drink beer and hard liquor is a once in a blue moon thing. Meh. ::raises wine glass:: Cheers!
- Get drivers license!!! (probably not the best follow up to No. 5... but there you have it)
OK, before I get ahead of myself... 6 resolutions, I can aspire to, yet not hold myself to.
Happy New year all!