Twist Collective Winter 2009



On to skein 4! Yep, I'm up to the part of knitting my Rosamund's Cardigan where I put the arm holes onto scrap yarn! I'm not sure if there's a technical name for doing this. I feel like there should be... like "Sleeve-Scrapping" or something rather. Very excited! I might just have it finished in time for Thanksgiving.

Also, anxiously awaiting KnitPicks.com to re-stock their stash of Iris Heather Wool of The Andes. Today's the day! Right now on the site, instead of a date it says "Available Soon"... Ugh, I'm such a yarn stalker! ;-)

So that's it for projects and updates.



I had some time to check out the New Winter 2009 issue of Twist Collective. I've only just heard about the site, and I really like they're layout. Just like Knitty.com, it's a website about knitting with articles and patterns, but it reads like a virtual magazine. Very clever!

A few patterns caught my attention:

Mitains & Moufles As you know, I'm on a mitten kick, and these look so thick and cozy. There's also a separate under layer you have to knit, to make them extra warm. I love it!

Polar Chullo So cute! I've always wanted to knit a chullo... the ear flaps, the pom pom, the dangly tie strings! I'm not a big intarsia knitter, but this pattern makes me wish I was. I may have to give it a try.

Kirigami
Totally adding this stripey sweater to my Ravelry queue! I love sweaters with buttoned necklines. I still have yet to knit one. I don't know why I haven't. I really should get on that. Again, not crazy about the shortened sleeves. Why don't they go all the way down to the wrist? It doesn't seem like there was much more knitting to go. Perhaps there was a yarn shortage? When I think sweater, I think warm. My arms are always the first to go when I get cold.

Mystere
Another pullover I'm definitely adding to the queue... It's simple with a combination of garter and stockinette stitch with a feint colomn running down the center. It also, thankfully has long sleeves!

Bright Star: Very Jane Austen. I'm just not going to talk about the sleeves.

I could go on... there are lots of other patterns I'd also consider knitting like Rover, a cute knitted puppy, and Farinelli, a pair of long red lacey gloves by Ysola. Defintely check out the site.

Happy Thursday everyone!

PS. I've also added an RSS Feed button on the right side of the page, so feel free to subscribe to my blog! :-)