Confessions & Nominations



Normally, I like to keep my knitting and what I actually do for a living separate, for obvious reasons, mostly: privacy, embarrassment and fear of judgment (from both co-workers and fellow knitters). I know, I know... who cares!... but quite honestly, I'm not quite sure either side needs to know that I tweet and blog separately... yet!

But here we go.

As you've probably gathered, I'm a video editor for a news channel... a rather big one... and that's all I'm going to say here about it except I also produce a video podcast that reviews iPhone Apps on a weekly basis. (Shocking!... I know.) But, tonight I found out my podcast was nominated for a 2009 Podcast Award (Best Mobile Phone Formated Podcast category)! Pretty unbelievable! If you're interested, here's the iTunes link please check it out. Writing it can be a little tough, but I do have a fun time producing it, and the radio talent, who does the voice over is Brilliant! (And yes, those are my hands.)

PS. the Holiday Episode is by far my favorite!

OK, no more talk about work. It's 8pm and I just want to blog about knitting. (Glass of chardonnay in hand)

My cardigan is coming along... I'm on skein 3/10... and as of yet, no serious mistakes. (ok, I skipped a cable row by accident... but you can barely tell! I made up for it in the next row) ;-)
The chipotle re-fried bean color is growing on me and I'm becoming immune to the hunger pangs it once caused.

I've also started listening to a few new podcasts:

Knitmore Girls: Gilmore Girls... I get it. And I love how they include the men... who actually knit, no less! Fantastic!

Cast-On: I'm sure this is an awesome podcast. I want to think it's an awesome podcast... maybe I have to listen to earlier episodes, but 15minutes into it, I was bored. Too many ads. I need to give it another go.

Here's to Ewe: Love it! Love it! Love it! .... but you already knew that.

Stash n' Burn: Right up there with Here's to Ewe...

One gripe I've have, lately.... KnitPicks Podcast. I really hate to say it, but it's not what it used to be. It seems like they're really reaching for weekly topics, like Kelley got tired of recording and just passed the mic off to her staff. Which is cool... once in a while... but I miss what it was like before episode 100. Bring it back Kelley! I still LOOOOOVE your yarn!

Finally, just for shits n' giggles, this morning I whipped up these silly e-cards from Someecards.com This site provides endless minutes of mindless entertainment. I highly recommend you check it out. And yes... there's an app for that! ;-)

Now, to tell Dennis about my Knitting blog. :-T