Holiday Yarn Shopping



My knitting projects have been all over the place lately. I was set on finishing Kernel Scarf but after weeks of eye-ing my unfinished Stroll sock, and then coincidentally finding Kelley Petkun's new sock tutorial I got distracted and started knitting up a sock... for real this time. And it's awesome! I'm hooked. Also, kudos to Cookie A's heel turn chart in her book, Sock Innovation.

Don't worry. I didn't forget about Kernel. I actually started a Kernel Scarf KAL on Ravelry to keep the motivation going. My one problem with knitting long rectangular scarves is that after repeating the pattern over and over again, chart dyslexia kicks in and I start making mistakes. This is where I think the dental floss life-line comes in... Either way, I'm half-way done. Woohoo!

I also just ordered more yarn from KnitPicks. (bad Kristin!) ;-)
My goal was to order yarn for my holiday kitting, but naturally I ended up getting side-tracked and ordered:
  • 5 balls of Suri Dream in Blueberry Heather - Lattice Shawl
  • 6 balls of Wool of the Andes in Iris Heather - Wisteria Pullover
  • 1 ball Wool of the Andes in Lake Ice Heather - Hat for Mom (Pattern TBD)
  • 1 ball Wool of the Andes in Snickerdoodle - Hat for Snickerdoodle (aka Dennis) (patter TBD)
  • 1 Skein City Tweed DK in Splash - Socks
  • Size US 1 Circs so I can get my magic loop on! I'm going to learn the magic loop meathod... I'm going to learn the Magic Loop Method...(repeat mantra 100000x!)
So, while my Holiday yarn shopping isn't a total failure, I've got my work cut out for me.
Phew!