Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My First Shawl!



I finally called in sick to work for what I like to call a "mental health" day. Between having my wisdom teeth pulled, multiple parental unit festivites, weekend car travel and busy work weeks, I've been burning the candle on both ends. I needed a day alone and of nothingness... And it was so worth it!
Got some much needed house cleaning done, a nice long walk in the sunshine, even bought a cute pair of shoes! And of course I got a good deal of knitting in.

In fact I finished off my last skein of Knit Picks Timber! If FedEx is on their stuff, I should get my next yarn shipment tomorrow. Woohoo!

I was perusing Ravelry this afternoon for patterns that use Caron Simply Soft Eco, and came across a shawl pattern Vernal Equinox Surpirse, that I found myself diving right into! I've never knit a shawl before but so far I'm loving it! I've got a ways to go but I can't wait to wake up and work on it some more!

Ugh... Get some sleep Kristin. Work tomorrow. Must be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed... Unlike Friday's feelings of trainwrecked-ness.