Saturday, April 4, 2009

Voolenvine.com



I am officially insane! I was out until 2am at last night, and am now awake... blogging! And in a few minutes, I'll be knitting. Did I mention it's 8:00 am? I must be insane!

Speaking of sanity, Thursday I took a personal mental health day. My brain was incredibly fried, and just needed a day to just veg out. Spent most of the day working on my Strangling Vines scarf, which is almost done!!! It was such a nice day out, too! I took a walk to my LYS, B.E. Yarns and bought one skein of Berroco's Quest and one skein of Cotton Ease. I've actually never knitted with cotton before, so I can't wait to see what I come up with. Maybe I'll knit my little cousin Summer, dress! Although, the color of the yarn is Taupe... but she's so cute, any color would look good on her!

And in other news, My blog url is officially Voolenvine.com! I bought this domain name over the summer, but wasn't sure what to do with it. Finally, it has a purpose!

Last weekend I took a break from my scarf, and decided to learn a new stitch called "dewdrops" from The Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns. I ended up making a potholder of all things! It was actually a really fun pattern. I think next time I'll make a hat with it. I love this book! Some of the stitches in this book are pretty crazy! It's like knitting on crack! Challenging, but still fun.


So, off to nurse my slight hangover with a nice big cup off coffee! More updates to come!