Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cherry Pie Beta

I started this project about three weeks ago. I had originally wanted to knit "Owls" by Kate Davies. I started with the body, but then realized I have this insane "lipstick" colored Red Heart Yarn that I'm really not going to use for anything else but a potholder... but would look awesome contrasting heather gray...
So, I finish the sleeves and yoke all in one weekend. I love US 10 needles... they knit so quickly! But of course, once I'm all done, I notice it looks kind of "off"... in addition to the neck being way too tight. I had to literally yank it over my skull... I should have started the lace and stripe pattern sooner, but hey, it was a whim of spontaneity.
But this is what I came up with:


















That being said, I really like the way it turned out, but I think I could do a much better job. I wish I knew what I wanted from the get-go... Definitely going to re-knit this using smaller needles and better quality yarn. Something about red heart yarn... it just doesn't have that... feeling? After knitting my last project with alpaca... I don't think I could ever go back to knitting another sweater or article of clothing with Red Heart... even though I love red heart for its fun colors and afordability! But it's true... once you try Alpac, you never go back! ba-dumdp-bump-ching!
Oh gawd that was corny. Either way, Cerry pie version 1.0 here I come!

PS. I ended up giving this sweater to my mom.

ugh, is it really 12:15am? On a sunday night?!? I want to cry.

In other news, Saturday Dennis and I went to a potluck brunch party. I made the Cranberry Corn Muffins! Enjoy le mimosa-laden visuals!