Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bringin' Home the Bacon!

I finished knitting my Grandmother's Strangling Vines scarf when I gave it to her at my cousin's party, last weekend. She loved it so much she didn't take it off the whole time! I'm so psyched!



















I was worried two skeins of Berroco's Ultra Alpaca wasn't going to be enough, but after steaming and ironing it out, the length ended up being super long! Phew!

Not being a die-hard scarf knitter, I don't know if this happens a lot, but after knitting the same pattern over and over again, I was starting to flub on some of the stitches, having to frog a few rows every now and then. I think I was just excited about finishing it in time, that my concentration strayed here and there. Either way, I'm happy it turned out the way it did.

I definitely want to knit one for myself, now. The yarn is so cozy...










In other news, it was a long past week at work. I finally

finished editing the pilot episode of my feature, and getting ready to shoot the next episode tomorrow. But there's just a whole bunch of things going through my mind... Ugh, but that's another blog. Either way... stressful week. Relaxing weekend!

On to the next knitting project!

Also, please enjoy this picture of breakfast I made for Dennis this morning. It's all about the bacon, people. We drove up to Adam's Farm Market in Poughkeepsie, yesterday, where his parents insisted we try their bacon. Good stuff!