Friday, October 3, 2008

Sugar Plum Hat

Finally! A finished object! 
I decided to take a break from my sweater that I've been pouring blood sweat and tears into, and make something small with some yarn that I've been dying to use. 

 
It only took me a day to make (probably because I have way too much time on my hands lateely...) but the first version was a little too short. So I frogged part of it this morning, made it longer, and added a pom pom. 

PATTERN: 


MATERIALS: 

US 6 dpns

MC: Red Heart Classic in Eggshell

CC: Red Heart SuperSaver in Plum Pudding


ABBREVIATIONS:

CO - Cast On 

K - knit

st - stitch / sts - stitches

MC - main color

CC - contrasting color


CO 80 using MC (divide stitches evenly on 4 dpns)

Knit in Rib stitch for 1 1/2" (*K1, P1) repeat from *


Row 1: Knit in stockinette increasing 1 st at the beginning and end of every needle

Row 2: K

Row 3: same as Row 1

Row 4: Repeat Rows 1 & 2 in CC

Row 6: K in MC

Row 7: (eyelets) *YO, K2tog, K1. Repeat from *

Row 8: K in MC

Rows 9 & 10: K in CC

Row 11: K in MC 

Rows 12 - 22 : Knit Fair Isle Pattern

Row 23: K in MC

Rows 24-25: K in CC

Rows 26-28: (eyelets)Repeat Rows 6-8

Rows 29-30: K in CC

Row 31: Knit in MC for 1"


Begin Decreases: In MC dec 3 sts, every other row, at the beginning and end of each needle. (To decrease S1, K2tog, Psso) 4 times. 


Thread yarn through remaining stitches and pull through the top of hat. 


Make a pom pom with CC.